Orders received after 1st December may not be completed by Christmas and will be completed early in the new year.
” Trust me it’s very easy to Install “
- Seams and Hems face up. (Less mould build up and they dry out better facing up.) The underside is always the presentation side, which is another good reason for having the seams and hems facing up.
- Attach Direct Fix (D Shackle) Points first.
- Open, lubricate then hang Turnbuckles off posts/fixing points. Use Graphite Anti Seize, Vaseline, Sewing Machine Oil, Axle Grease etc. Lubricating the Turnbuckles is most important as SST is brittle and will seize if you are not careful.
Ensure Turnbuckle has right turning end on the post/fixing point, not the Sail. Left hand end on the Sail.
- Lubricate the corner fitting (D Ring) cable groove. This stops the cable from sticking as you tighten the Sail. A spray can of lubricant with a nozzle is the simple way to do this.
- Fix the sail to each fixing point using the starter cord (rope) attached.
Loop over post/fixing point, back to Sail 2 or 3 times to achieve leverage.
- Get the sail into a satisfactory position then measure each gap.
- If necessary go to our Hardware page to order turnbuckles and/or cable trace.
- Then, attach and tighten the turnbucklessequentially until you have a sufficient amount of tension on the Sail. Look to see the Fabric pulled tight and the cable pulled tight.If your fixing points are strong, you can put plenty of tension on the Sail. Use your judgement. The tighter the Sail, the better it will handle the storms.
We specialise in the manufacture of Shadecloth Shade Sails. Our preferred Shadecloth material is heavy duty but also light weight. This makes for ease of installation whilst being durable and long lasting.
Beware of cheap, imitation, webbing strap edged Shade Sails which do not allow the fabric to be stretched.
All of our Shade Sails are perimeter wired with 316 Stainless Steel Cable. This is the only reliable way to fully stretch the Sail drum tight, giving the Shade Sail the ability to ride out storms.
All Shade Sails are manufactured at our Brisbane Factory using Tension Membrane specific CAD software and sewn by highly skilled machinists with many years industrial sewing experience.
Over 24,000 Shade Sails produced for Customers all over Australia and beyond.
Why Choose Us
Our Best Selling Products
Turnbuckle$10.00 – $18.10 GST exclusive
D Shackles$5.36 – $13.55 GST exclusive
Roof Bracket$59.10 GST exclusive
Cable Trace$14.55 – $66.00 GST exclusive
4 point Shade Sail – 5mtrs x 5mtrs$530.00 GST exclusive
Diamond Pad Eye$8.10 – $12.70 GST exclusive
4 point Shade Sail – 4mtrs x 5mtrs$461.00 GST exclusive
4 Point Shade Sail – 6 mtrs Wide x Variable Lengths$450.00 – $880.00 GST exclusive